10.27.2008

Jane >




I have two favourite places on earth:

(1) The Burren, Co. Clare
I visited the Burren in Co. Clare as a child and always return there when I'm at home in Ireland. The famous Cliffs of Moher are near this spot, but it's the Poulnabrone Dolmen that I love to visit the most. It's an ancient portal tomb, dating back to the Neolithic period, probably between 4200 BC to 2900 BC. At either sunrise or sunset it's a magical place, especially when shrouded in mist.

(2) Castle Mountain, Banff National Park, Alberta
I studied in Alberta for 2 years and fell madly in love with this mountain. As its name suggests it is very "castle-like" but it's also a very atmospheric place. I had never lived close to a mountain range as epic as the Rockies and was overwhelmed by their vast grandeur.

My Links:
Ill Seen, Ill Said: http://www.seenandsaid.blogspot.com/
Jane's Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/janeflan

Thank you for including me in your beautiful blog! I love this idea :)

Jane
xxx

2 comments:

Eyeliah said...

Yay for Banff!! I got married in Banff.

Jane Flanagan said...

Thanks for featuring me and my fave places Sylvain!!! You made my day :)